Sunday 9 August 2020

Great Rebellion - Bright Moon Guards with Laserguns

 My second set of Bright Moon guards, this time armed with some firepower. I strongly considered painting these in the same blue uniform as the earlier ones, but my compulsion to stick to canon representation won out and I painted them in the orange and red uniform from the She-Ra cartoon, despite my misgivings about yet another troop type sporting mostly orange clothes. The orange and red doesn't offer much contrast with the skintone either, contrary to the light blue, so I did end up regretting my decision.


The two divisions of the Bright Moon guard, side by side:

Taking on some Horde Troopers



9 comments:

  1. Actually, I think the orange looks great, especially on the Black dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that they look good! I'm biased because orange is my favourite colour, admittedly :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the kind opinion, people.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work again. These models make for some seldom used color combinations which make it a challenge and a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly strayed way out of my comfort zone and have always naturally gravitated towards more muted colours.

      Delete
    2. I know right? I'd probably never have used dark green and orange-yellow together if I hadn't painted Man-at-Arms. It was a challenge, and the results were actually very satisfactory!

      Delete
    3. Yes, it really helps to try out new things.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant thanks for sharing these take me back

    ReplyDelete