Sunday 1 August 2021

Great Rebellion - She-Ra, Princess of Power

She-Ra is Prince Adam/He-Man's twin sister, who leads the group of freedom fighters known as the Great Rebellion in the fight to free Etheria from the rule of Hordak and the Evil Horde. Wielding the twin sword to He-Man's Sword of Power, the Sword of Protection, she is He-Man's female counterpart in every way.

Like her brother, she was born on the planet Eternia to King Randor and Queen Marlena, as Princess Adora. Unlike her brother, she was kidnapped at birth by Hordak and taken to Etheria, where she grew up and served as a mind-controlled Horde Force Captain before He-Man learned of her existence and brought the Sword of Protection to her. While she was briefly reunited with her parents on Eternia, She-Ra decided to return to Etheria and lead the Great Rebellion against Hordak.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said... By the power of Grayskull! 


It's been a while since I painted 30mm figures and I was struggling a lot. I'm afraid my painting didn't do justice to the excellent model, which is another limited run resin tribute figure. I also decided to switch my Great Rebellion base colour over to the standard Heroic Warriors green bases as they aren't really a separate faction in the strict sense like the various Evil factions that are just as likely to fight each other instead of the good guys. 



My very limited progress on the Great Rebellion so far. I need to paint up a few more figures for them:

Defending Castle Grayskull from Hordak and his Imp:

The twins. I do have another He-Man model waiting to be painted in the sword held aloft pose, which will be a better pairing for pictures:



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're too kind. The qualities of the sculpt saved it through my bumbling attempts.

      Delete
    2. It's funny how a really good sculpt can do that.. although I seriously do not agree that you're a paint jobs are "bumbling". These are bomber and she definitely looks great!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! She's not bad, but I'm sure there are people who will do better!

      Delete
  2. I really had to agonise over getting this model. I do like my Darksword proxy, but that's just proper. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She's really one of the central characters where getting it just right matters.

      Delete
  3. Well done! Very clean work on the colors, looks just like the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete