Friday 1 January 2021

Heroic Warriors - Fisto

One of the classic Heroic Warriors, Fisto is a large and muscular warrior with reddish-brown hair and a manly beard, armed with a large metal fist and a sword. The large fist seems to be a prosthetic attachment after a sustained injury in his youth and is able to smash through rock and other hard surfaces. It has been suggested in some continuities that he is the brother of Man-At-Arms and the biological father of Teela.


The figure combines elements from his Filmation design (armour, belt, fist) and from the toy design (sword, presence of a wrist-protection, although rendered in the Filmation style).


Prepare to feel my fist, tin man!


You're not leaving here until you tell me who is my real father!


4 comments:

  1. How on earth did you manage to get through that post without any innuendo or posting 'that' comic image?

    Your self-restraint is admirable and Fisto looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider adding *that* comic panel. It's a fake though and the actual dialogue didn't go like that.

      I was pretty pleased with the paintjob until I saw him in the pictures and now his eyes look a bit big. Not sure what happened there as they looked good in person.

      Delete
  2. He looks great! I always struggle whether to make the weapons a solid color like the toys or metal for the blades. I think it looks better solid like the toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my choice early on to not use metallic paints and do weapons in solid colours, so I don't even think about it anymore. There is no right way, the main thing is to stay consistent with your choice.

      Delete